What is "customization" in Sumac?
In Sumac, customization is all about adding the finishing touches to make sure the fields, terminology, and preferences in your database fit with your organization’s needs and objectives.
Although not everything in Sumac is customizable, you can add your own fields to contact records, and also have the flexibility to customize drop-down menus and check boxes to include the options you want to see in your own database. And with Sumac, you have several options for setting preferences for each section of the database to reflect your organization’s needs.
You are able to customize your Sumac database on your own, but if you need help tailoring things, our team is here to help in the following ways:
- Customization is included with our Data Migration service. As our migration gurus determine how to move your existing data from your old system into Sumac, they will customize drop-down menus, tabs, check boxes, etc., to ensure your data fits into Sumac. Our migration gurus use the standard customization options available with our out-of-box solution to accommodate this.
- If further customization is needed after Data Migration, our support gurus are happy to help show you how to customize Sumac to further personalize it for your needs. There are how-to videos that will guide you through what you are able to customize, and you can always reach out to support if you have questions or need assistance.
Remember, while Sumac is quite flexible, not everything is customizable. If you have specific customization in mind, please let the Sumac team know so we can discuss whether or not that is something Sumac can support.
Where does my data reside?
If you are using our Sumac Cloud hosting service, your data resides on our cloud servers hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Our AWS servers are in Canada, and you can visit this page on the AWS website to learn more about AWS services in Canada. If ...
Health & Social Services Configuration Data Preparation Instructions
Introduction This page is meant to provide you with information on how to populate your health & social services case management specific data into the Health & Social Services build template that you downloaded from the template-based migration ...
What privacy and security is in place for Sumac Cloud?
At Sumac, we go to great lengths to ensure your data is private and confidential. We do not, under any circumstances, share your data with any third parties. In addition, all our staff have agreed, in writing, to our confidential data handling ...
What support services are available?
All of our Sumac licenses come with free unlimited support; Sumac Bronze includes free email support, and Sumac Silver, Gold and Platinum comes with unlimited email and telephone support. All Sumac users also have access to our free online training ...
How-to Video: Customization - Get Started with Customization (3:14)
NOTE: The video below shows a slightly older version of Sumac. In a recent release, Lookup Lists was renamed to Field Values: Script: https://sumac.com/assetswp/training-docs/Customize%20Database%20Overview.pdf
Join the Partner Academy!
Our Partner Academy means that anyone can learn what they need to know, any time. Free! When you sign up for a Partner Academy session, you get:
- High quality training on demand - sessions are available every day, so you can access training that fits into your schedule.
- Training sessions that are easy to follow - helpful tips throughout each session, and access to training moderators ensure your questions get answered.
- A certificate of completion - you can request a certificate of completion for every session you attend.