In order for Sumac to export email addresses over to Constant Contact, you need to give Sumac some information about your Constant Contact account so that Sumac knows how to do this. This is set up in Field Values.
1) In your Sumac console, click Utilities > Customize Database > Field Values. Choose the Area: Contacts, then choose the Field Values: Email Services.
2) Click the "New" button, and from the Email Service Type drop-down menu, select "Constant Contact" (see screenshot below):
3) There are a few fields you need to fill in:
- Name - This is the name that you use to identify this particular email service. You may have several different Constant Contact lists, and this enables you to distinguish one from another.
- Email Service Destination - This is the name of the list defined within Constant Contact.
- Authenticated with - This will be automatically filled out once you click Log In then login to your Constant Contact Account.
4) Fill in the above information, then click OK to save this. Continue these steps to set up new Email Services for each of your Constant Contact lists.
Once you've completed setting up these Email Services, you can export email addresses from your Sumac Contact list any time! Here's how:
1) From your Sumac console, click the "Contacts" button to open your Contact list.
2) Search for the contacts whose email addresses you want to export to Constant Contact (for tips on searching, review these how-to videos
3) Once you've got your list, click "Export to Email Service." Sumac will ask if you want to export to an external bulk email service. Click "Yes," and choose which of your Constant Contact lists you want to export to (see screenshot below):
Click OK and Sumac will export these email addresses to Constant Contact for you!